On June 23, 1923, Alexander George McCorquodale (1891-1992), A. G. as he was known, married Bessie Ann Campbell (1893-1979), daughter of Angus and Sarah (McLeod) Campbell of Lot 12, Concession 6.
In the same year, the newlyweds remodelled the house that had been built in 1885 by Squire Alexander McCorquodale on the east half of Lot 15 Concession 2, West Zorra.
A. G. and Bessie Ann loved horses, and they won numerous ribbons showing theirs at area fairs, among them Embro, Paris and Dorchester. They were members of Knox Presbyterian Church in Embro, where A. G. was an elder and member of the session, and Bessie Ann was a member of the ladies aid.
A. G. also belonged to the Thistle Masonic Lodge in Embro, and other lodges in Woodstock and London.
In 1982, A. G. sold the 100 acre farm.
above excerpt from: "Historically bound : the history of Embro and West Zorra, 1820-2007"
This photographic archive stretches backwards in time to the lives of the Angus and Sarah (McLeod) Campbell family - Bessie Ann's parents as well as forward to her family and farm life in West Zorra.